Sunday, February 7, 2010

How Long Does Ringworm Take To Heal My Puppy Has Ringworm At The Breeders. How Long Is He Contagious?

My puppy has Ringworm at the Breeders. How long is he contagious? - how long does ringworm take to heal

I bought a male boxer puppy from a breeder. There are about 3 weeks () 4 weeks, I was told that the dog has ringworm, and began treatment for fungi. According to the breeder, puppy ringworm cure are very good, with the regrowth of hair in the bald spots.

The farmer also mentioned that I repeated with doses of medication (topical), the reduction of the puppy go home this weekend. I have a dog in my home with young children. Should I be concerned that the moths still contagious? If the breeder of the puppy until the entire ringworm medicine to keep? I have seen many of this site on ringworm, but there is no answer to this question.

I want to contact a vet this week to collect more data, but just curious about other proposals. Thanks in advance!

Scott

3 comments:

Rachel R said...

I worked in a pet store and spent much time with her grandchildren. We have had several puppies lichens and had already begun treatment. I bathe and apply the antifungal cream. I never had a worm hit one of these dogs, but also removed with warm water and bleach after contact with them. If the hair has already begun to grow again, it should go, because the drug has already begun to work, only be sure to complete the treatment. As you have small children, I would try to avoid as much as possible (if you do decide to it) back home, I know how difficult it can be with children and a new puppy. Remember that when you ask to keep the breeder until it is gone, probably not for free, and not cheap.

Chetco said...

Scott, my daughter used to save them all .. Stray cat had ringworm and more .. We want to be treated immediately and, if I remember correctly, the family was safe after the treatment is effective.

. It is good to ask your vet for a few years ago .. My daughter has a job again, but none of us, or he has never many dogs .. My daughter, of course, cats that manages more ..

bambi said...

As long as you do not heal

Post a Comment